This statement of terms, conditions and warranties applies to any order, purchase, receipt, delivery or use of any products and/ or services from Maude Décor or a Maude Décor authorized reseller unless you enter into a separate written agreement with Maude Décor. This agreement applies to any purchase or service unless you notify Maude Décor within 5 days after you receive this agreement and you return your product or cancel your services under Maude Décor’s policies as outlined below.
1. PAYMENT TERMS: Unless otherwise negotiated and documented by an authorized representative of Maude Décor the following terms stand firm. All the rugs created by Maude Décor are sold at a fixed price per square foot. The cost per square foot is subject to change and may vary depending on the nature of the design chosen. Design fees for custom designed rugs are extra and are charged per design. Additional fees may be charged to an order when applicable, they include, but are not limited to, applicable taxes, courier, shipping, customs, brokerage and insurance fees. All our rugs require a 50% deposit to confirm and secure the order and all remaining fees are due prior to shipping. Payment can be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, certified cheque or money order. Please review our cancellation policy for further information.
2. RUSH ORDERS: On orders that need to be filled under limited time constraints a rush fee will be charged. On most orders this fee is calculated as an additional 50% on the price charged per square foot. Please contact a Maude Décor representative for details concerning your order. Maude Décor will determine whether the order can be filled in the time frame being requested and notify the client accordingly.
3. SHIPPING AND TITLE: Unless otherwise requested Maude Décor will arrange to ship and/or deliver your rug to you. Ownership of the rug and risk of loss and/or damage to the rug passes to you when Maude Décor delivers it to the shipper*. Title to the rug remains with Maude Décor. Please review copyright statement for more information.
* For further information please review #7 - PRODUCT WARRANTY
4. RETURN POLICY: Due to the fact that the rugs made by Maude Décor are one of a kind and are often designed for a particular client, no refunds or exchanges are given on returned rugs. On our stock archival prints we will provide a refund provided that they are returned within 14 days from the date of purchase and they are in ‘new’ condition.
5. CANCELLATION POLICY: You may cancel your order at any time however, any cancellation is subject to the following conditions:
on HAND-PAINTED CANVAS RUGS FROM OUR STANDARD LINES and CUSTOM DESIGNED RUGS:
on WOOL, SILK AND FLAX RUGS (OR COMBINATIONS THERE OF) WHETHER FROM OUR STANDARD LINES or CUSTOM DESIGNED:
on CANVAS PRINTS:
6. SUPPORT: Maude Décor encourages its customers to contact them with any questions or concerns they may have in respect to the maintenance and care of their rug. We also suggest reviewing the ‘Care & Use’ information sheet provided with your rug or the Care & Use section of this website for information on cleaning, installation and storage. If you require information beyond the scope of care and maintenance of your rug Maude Décor does not guarantee that they will be able to assist you but will do their best to help.
7. PRODUCT WARRANTY: Maude Décor does not provide any warranty on the products that it creates. If you are concerned about damages that may occur during the shipping & handling of your product we advise that you request additional insurance coverage when your product is shipped. Once you receive your product we highly recommend that you follow the information provided in the Care & Use section of this website in order to prolong the look and life your rugs and prints.
8. SERVICES AND SERVICE WARRANTY: Maude Décor provides services focused primarily on the creation and design of hand-painted canvas rugs, made-to-order wool, silk or flax rugs (or combinations thereof) and digital canvas or paper prints. This may include consultation to determine client needs, designing of custom rugs and manufacturing of rugs. Maude Décor warrants that all its services will be performed in a professional and timely manner.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Maude Décor’s maximum liability to you or an other, present and future, is limited to the purchase price paid for our product or service. Maude Décor is not liable to you or an other if we are unable to perform our services or provide our products due to events outside our control, such as acts of God, property damage, personal injury, loss of use, interruption of business, lost profits, or lost data.
10. GENERAL: Your compliance with these terms and conditions is assumed upon receipt of fees due at any stage of the design and/or manufacturing process.